Okuda Cosmetic Dentistry Blog
Posts for category: Restorations
Find out if dental crowns are the right treatment option for your smile.
A damaged smile can be a major stressor for anyone. Whether an injury is the cause of a broken tooth or severe decay is to blame, there are many cases in which you will need to see your Honolulu cosmetic dentist Dr. Wynn Okuda for treatment. Find out more about dental crowns and their purpose.
When are crowns recommended?
There are so many dental restorations that it can be difficult to know which one is right for you and your smile. That’s where your dentist in Honolulu comes in. We are here to help you decide whether dental crowns are the right option for you. Here are the most common issues that warrant a dental crown:
- A cracked or broken tooth
- A damaged or weakened tooth
- A severely misshapen or discolored tooth
- To cover a dental implant
- To anchor a dental bridge in place
- To protect a tooth after a root canal
You may not always know that you need a dental crown, which is why visiting us every six months is the best way to determine whether your smile requires some dental work. A dental crown can be made from a variety of different materials including,
The main purpose of a dental crown is to be cemented over the entire crown of a real tooth to restore full function and strength back into a tooth that may have sustained damage that is more extensive than a dental filling can handle. With the proper care, dental crowns can last up to 15 years or more.
When should I consider getting dental crowns?
If you have a broken or fractured tooth, or you are dealing with a tooth that is badly misshapen or discolored then dental crowns may be a good option for reviving your smile. Also, if you are planning to get a dental bridge or dental implant to replace one or more missing teeth then dental crowns will also be required.
Don’t ignore dental problems that require immediate care. Turn to your Honolulu, HI dental expert Dr. Okuda for all of your general and cosmetic dental needs. Call us today!
- To cover a broken or chipped tooth
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking (this weakness could be due to significant dental decay)
- To securely hold a dental bridge
- To hide a dental implant
- To hide a misshapen tooth
- To conceal a significantly discolored tooth
Your First visit
Your Second visit
Don’t Let Missing Teeth Get You Down! We Offer Dental Implants at Our Honolulu Dental Office
Let’s Explore the Benefits of Dental Implants in Honolulu
- Improved appearance – dental implants look and feel just like your own teeth.
- Improved comfort – dental implants are securely anchored, so there is no slipping as there is with dentures.
- Improved health – dental implants can help prevent deterioration of the jawbone caused by loss of teeth, so your face retains its natural shape.
- Improved durability – dental implants are strong and can last a lifetime with proper care.
- Improved convenience – dental implants are permanent, eliminating the inconvenience of removing your dentures.