Okuda Cosmetic Dentistry Blog
Posts for: December, 2020
Porcelain veneers change smiles in many effective ways--color, shape, and size to name a few. Available through Dr. Wynn Okuda in Honolulu, HI, these lifelike laminates offer our healthy patients new smiles that brighten their self-confidence, and veneers last for years. Here are the details.
Just what are porcelain veneers?
They are thin, translucent shells shaped like healthy, attractive teeth. Realistically colored and featuring a brilliant sheen, veneers are custom-crafted from high-grade ceramic or even durable cosmetic resin. After a careful review of your smile needs and preferences, Dr. Okuda will help you choose the material and design perfect for your teeth, gums, and overall facial appearance.
To place porcelain veneers, Dr. Okuda prepares the teeth that will receive veneers. He takes oral impressions to send to the dental lab where a trained ceramist creates each veneer.
When you return to the office in Honolulu, HI, your dentist uses a tooth-colored cement to bond your porcelain veneers in place. Because of precise imaging, impression, and fabrication techniques, your laminates will fit perfectly, look natural, and feel comfortable.
More features and benefits
1. Veneers are natural-looking. No one will be able to tell you to have laminates.
2. Veneers are strong and stain-resistant.
3. Veneers require far less enamel reduction than porcelain crowns.
4. Care is easy. Just brush and floss as you usually do, and see Dr. Okuda twice a year for a check-up and cleaning.
5. Because they are custom-fitted, veneers do not irritate your gums.
6. Veneers cover stains and are in themselves, stain-resistant.
7. Veneers increase your self-confidence because they virtually erase embarrassing flaws.
Get the expert help you deserve
At our Honolulu, HI, office, Dr. Wynn Okuda offers state of the art preventive, restorative, and aesthetic treatments. He is an Accredited Fellow in the AACD and has helped people just like you achieve optimal oral health and smile appearance. Are you ready to find out more about porcelain veneers and our other services? Then, call for a personal consultation at (808) 734-1099.